Friday Favorites: Flower Crowns to The Rookie Yearbook


Feeling super inspired from the changes I've decided to make! Gotta love the new year and new resolutions! So check out what's in store this week.. some awesome stuff coming your way! Also, check back on Sunday/Monday for a post about one of my recent trips!

Number 10: Flower Crowns


I've always really loved flower crowns but never actually got one because I think it's kind of crazy to buy something that you could easily make yourself after a trip to the craft store. I've planned on making one many times, but never did because.. when am I going to wear one?! This all changed when Allison gave me a flower crown for Christmas. I still didn't know where I was going to wear it.. then New Year's Eve rolled around and it seemed like the perfect occasion to wear it! Now I have to go to a Head and the Heart concert or Coachella and I can justify making some of my own.

Number 9: Globe Dress


I gasped when I saw this dress for the first time and can't even get over the fact that someone has created something so gorgeous. It's handmade, not manufactured in some sweatshop in China and available for anyone to buy! That's right!! This gorgeous dress is being sold on Etsy right now and it's not too pricey! Check it out here!

Number 8: Funky Collars


 Who doesn't love a good collar? These collars take the traditional Peter Pan collar to a completely different level. You can find them all over Etsy and on most trendy Australian clothing sites. The best part about them is the fact that they're detachable so you can add them to any shirt or dress and they totally change up the look.

Number 7: Patterned Trousers


Patterned pants are always a good idea and are an easy way to spice up any old day. I have tons of patterned pants and they're always so fun to wear.. not to mention the fact that you'll receive tons of compliments! Before you go looking for these beauties at Nordstrom or ZARA, I recommend checking out some thrift stores. Those vintage patterned pants are always the best, plus they're cheap and you can do whatever you want with them because you're spending like $5.

Number 6: smashbox Lipstick


 Didn't know these existed until Jared gave me one as a belated birthday present. Best lipstick I have ever used! I don't wear lipstick that often so I usually opt for the cheap drugstore lipsticks but this lipstick has changed all of that. The quality is impeccable and it's really saturated and matte, so I know it won't disappear after an hour and leave an awkward, shimmery veil. You have got to try these! They're rather pricey but worth every penny.

Number 5: Animal Overalls


Okay, I'll admit that I have a little bit of an obsession with overalls but how can you not love them?? Especially these ones! Cats and dogs on overalls seems kind of strange in theory but bring them to life and they're so trendy and fab that it would be foolish not to add a pair to your summer wardrobe. You would only be allowed to not buy these if you bought the AA sunflower overalls instead. That's the only exception. 

Number 4: The Carrie Diaries


This show rocks! It has quickly become one of my favorite shows on television. Annasophia Robb is the perfect Carrie Bradshaw and they have done an incredibly job of capturing the fabulosity of New York City in the '80s. I highly recommend every teenage girl to watch it and I think you're absolutely absurd if you judge the show without watching it first! Also, Austin Butler is a beautiful man and you get to see a lot of him.

Number 3 : The Rookie Yearbook


THIS BOOK. I CANNOT. Allison introduced me to Tavi Gevinson and Rookie a few months ago and I cannot get enough! Rookie is an online magazine that's created by a group of super trendy girls who believe in reaching out to other adolescent girls in an effort to make us not feel so lost in the experiences we will face as a matter of growing up. The work they do is truly incredible and they compile all that work into a yearbook each year that is published so you can have these rad articles at your fingertips at all times. I seriously implore you to check out Rookie Yearbook one and two. You will be changed because of it.

Number 2: World Travel Tattoo


This is something I've always wanted but know I will never have the courage to actually do.. never mind having to face my mother's reaction to it! It's basically a simple world map outline tattoo on your back and each country you go to, you get that country filled in. The goal is to fill in the entire map by the time you can no longer travel the world. How incredible is that?! I have also seen people get these tattoos on the bottoms of their feet. Now I would do that because it's not noticeable and you can still fill in the map. The downside: I feel like Tattoos on the bottom of your foot would be extremely painful.

Number 1: The Happiness Project Journal


So happy that I got one of these for myself because it seems like such an amazing idea! Basically, you write down one sentence every day for five years. It's not as tedious as filling out an empty journal page everyday and if you leave it on your bedside table, you have no excuse not jot down a sentence right before bed. Al and I got these for the new year and they're going to bring us all the way through college. HOW EXCITING IS THAT!!


Just a little quote I found this week and thought I'd share


Thanks for checking my Friday Favorites out!

Much love! <3












No comments:

Post a Comment