Friday Favorites: From Midi Skirts to Lustrous Loafers


Hello!!! I'm so sorry I've been slacking! I'll explain everything in my next post that is also LONG overdue! So let's get on with it! My Friday Favorites:

Number 10: Irish Knit Sweaters


Who doesn't love these?! The downside is.. if you get an authentic Irish knit sweater the prices are out of this world. In Ireland you'll pay about $300 for one of these beauts. Luckily for me, my Nana is the queen of knitting and her specialty is the Irish knit sweater. In the picture above you'll see a girl, with fabulous brows, wearing one of my nana's sweaters! That's my best friend, Allison, in Starbucks when we went to New York City a few weekends ago. We were so warm and snuggly in my nana's sweaters. These are an essential part of any wardrobe. Seriously. 

Number 9: Baked By Melissa


I was the girl who would always walk by these shops in Manhattan and look in and think "wow those are so cute I would love to try one!" Unfortunately, I still haven't tried one... but I did go in and buy some! I recently stayed with a friend in New York for a weekend and bought her some of these little cuties as a thank you! She loved them and told me that the candy cane flavored one was her fave! Glad you liked them, Kelly! 

Side note: They give you cupcake tattoos and iPhone apps that involve your cupcakes. Seriously, so cool.

Number 8: Midi Skirts


I love Love LOVE these skirts. They're adorably functional and sensible, always. I'm SO glad I ended up getting sidetracked by life because I was reading some magazines I got this week and would you look at what was inside:

Article from Company Magazine UK

Article from Teen Vogue
These are a necessary piece for every girl to have in her closet. Add some funky heels and a clutch and you have a show-stopping outfit.

Number 7: Alexa Chung's Legs


Let's all take a moment. Her legs are UNREAL. I'm convinced that Alexa Chung is a flawless human being and her legs are just the beginning. I honestly don't think I've ever seen someone with legs this incredible.. Let me know if you know someone who has awesome legs like hers... Cara Delevingne might.. but Alexa Chung still takes the cake.

Number 6: Kate Middleton Tea Hats




I had the honor of trying on one of these gorgeous hats in an antique shop and I've been dreaming about it ever since. I don't have an occasion to wear one of these hats... but gosh, I really think I need one! I mean, you never know when you'll get invited to an English garden party. 

Number 5: The Chobani Store SOHO


This place is UNREAL. You walk in and everything is so clean and perfect and natural. On the wall, the menu is printed with the ingredients and beautiful pictures that just make your mouth water. I wanted to try every single menu option they have but I ended up getting this avocado mango creation that was absolutely superb! Check this place out!!

Number 4: Two-Tone Blazers


I was thrifting/vintage searching in Greenwich Village and came across this orange blazer with a navy blue accent and I absolutely fell in love with it. I didn't know these were a thing! I mean obviously there are a lot of two-tone things but I had no idea there was a such thing as two-tone blazer culture! It's really spectacular! I need to add one of these to my wardrobe ASAP!

Number 3: Fluorescent Shoes


These shoes are literally sweeping the nation and it's obvious why! They are, as my brothers would say, trippy and in the best way possible. They would make any old outfit something worth documenting and are the perfect accessory when you just want to throw on jeans and a plain tee. You're outfit will be spectacular without you even trying. That's truly magic. 

Check out these fluorescent loafers I bought Allison for Christmakkah!


Number 2: Kenzo Eyes


I'm in love with this brand and this eye pattern. My mum thinks they're super creepy but I'm determined to own something with this gorgeous pattern on it. The only downfall is, like my sunflower shorts, the eye pattern is kind of a signature thing that you won't be able to wear every other day like you'll want to. That's the only issue that might arise when you're paying the high price for these pieces.

Check out the eye clutch. I CANNOT.

Number 1: Midnight Memories


A moment of silence please. 

Okay.. here's the deal: many people don't like One Direction because they're a "typical boy band" or "gay" (because somehow people being gay makes them unable to create good music..) but this album really identifies the band with a more serious and kind of edgy-rocky vibe. I really really like each and every track which is rare to find on an album but every song is really well crafted and well sung. If you still don't believe me, at least listen to these tracks:

BTW: Ignorance is not bliss. Have a listen


"Midnight Memories"


"Story of My Life"


"Through the Dark"


"Half a Heart"

"Don't Forget Where You Belong"

If you like what you hear... don't be afraid to add this album to your iTunes library!



Hope you enjoyed the favorites this week!

Much love <3

2 comments: