Friday Favorites: From Strong Brows and New Girl to Side Satchel Bags


Hello! Sorry the favorites are a little late this week! I've been in tech all week for Spamalot and I finally found time to share my faves! Enjoy!

Number 10: Succulents 


Succulents are beautiful. They just sit there and they don't even try but they're gorgeous regardless; I bet every other plant is super jealous because succulents are the queens of botany. Living on the East Coast, I don't see an abundance of succulents, but in California you cannot walk down the street without seeing them. I don't own any succulents but it's on my bucket list to fill my apartment with them when I grow up. Who wouldn't want flowers that are beautiful and are so easy to take of.. you literally only have to water them once a month and they will live a long and prosperous life.

Number 9: Trench Coats


My obsession. Trench coats will always be in, they will always be classy, and you will always look put together when you wear them. I got a DKNY trench for Christmas last year and the people love it! Boys also look lovely when they wear them and you really can't resist a man in a classy trench. Clearly flashers won't be attractive in their trench coats... plus when they're that long it just reaches  an automatic pedophile level and that just isn't cute. Make sure the trench is lined and if you can afford it... go for the Burberry trench! I heard a trick that if you're petite and want to save money, you can purchase a boy's Burberry trench and it will fit well and save you money.

Number 8: Strong Brows


Strong brows are so in. Like.. really in. The model of the year has a world famous strong brow so obviously we should all have strong brows. My best friend, Allison, has an incredible brow and she's kind of famous at school for her beautiful eyebrows. So if you don't have the deepest brow, head over to the nearest Ulta and pick up some NYX brow fill! This stuff works wonders and who wouldn't want to have brows like Cara Delevingne?!

Number 7: Matte Nails


MATTE NAILS!!!! These have recently come into trend again and I really hope they don't leave anytime soon! They came back sometime last year and I hadn't seen them since Hillary Duff wore white matte nails in one of her photo shoots during the Lizzie McGuire era. Not only can you buy matte nail color at any drugstore, now you can buy a matte top coat and turn any nail color matte by putting it over regular nail polish. I've had matte nails many times and I cannot get enough of them! I would love to try the matte/shiny french manicure; it's so interesting and classy. I'm not sure I would have the patience to do it.. but I love matte nails nonetheless. 

Number 6: Slingback Oxfords


I just came across these this week and they are glorious!! I had never seen oxfords with this kind of backing before but I think they're really unique! Wear them with a pair of pattern leggings that end just at the ankle and you have the perfect combo. I seriously need a pair of these! Unfortunately, they're not readily available at your local DSW or Payless Shoe Source so they're going to be harder to find than a pair of imitation Toms. If you search on Etsy you can find vintage slingback oxfords and add a seriously sweet shoe to your collection!

Number 5: New Girl


I would be really surprised if you had never heard of New Girl because this show is truly a gem. I didn't start watching it in real time until this season and I cannot get enough!! Zooey Deschanel hasn't always been my favorite actress... I mean she did break Joseph Gordon-Levitt's heart in (500) Days of Summer...  but I decided to give her a chance because my friends are in love with this show and I'm so glad I did! I love the whole premise of the group of friends that live together.. kind of like Friends. Also, you will love Schmidt because he's just so adorable and witty and you will love him like the world loves Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother. Check out the show on Netflix!!

Number 4: Mason Jars


Mason jars have made their way out of the South and are being utilized in all of their glory in households all over the world. I mainly use them to drink lemonade or iced tea out of but I also love putting cubed fruit in them or muesli and taking them with me on the go for an easy snack. Plus they're so cute and photogenic.. literally they're more photogenic than most people I know. So go out and get some because they're convenient and just awesome in general.

Number 3: Elephant Crop Top


This is, by far, one of my favorite tops and even though it was kind of pricey for a crop, I wear it enough that it's worth every penny. It's a top that makes you feel like a million dollars when you're in its presence. I feel like all patterned halter crop tops have this affect when you wear them and you feel like a super star. So next time you're at Urban Outfitters or American Apparel and you see these $30 crop tops, go for it and reap the benefits of patterned crop topping.

Number 2: Denim Overall Dress


This beautiful overall dress from Topshop is no longer available online/in store, but I'm sure you can find it online on Amazon or eBay for cheaper than you could have bought it from Topshop! I mean, just imagine wearing this with a long sleeve striped crop top. Talk about trendy and adorable! I really need to buy this because it fills my dreams. I have dreams of strolling in New York City in this dress and they're some of the best dreams I've ever had, to be honest. This dress is on the same level as overall shorts and I also need some of those! Donations accepted!!

Number 1: Side Satchel Bags


These bags will be the death of me and my bank account. I actually want one in every color and switch them out everyday to match whatever outfit I'm wearing. They're adorable, functional, and you can just swing them over your shoulder and not have to worry about them sliding down your arm. You can always trust a side satchel bag; they will always be there for you to make any outfit work and they will eventually become your best friend. I got mine last Christmas and it is one of the best presents I have ever received! So get one... or twenty... in every possible color... YOU WONT REGRET IT AND YOU'LL BE HAPPIER BECAUSE OF IT. I PROMISE.

Much love! <3








No comments:

Post a Comment