Friday Favorites: From Walk The Moon to Amazing Vans


Hello, hello!

SO excited to share my stuff this week! Hope you enjoy!!

10. Ruby Sparks

Tried this movie on a whim and I was very pleasantly surprised! In theory, the movie sounds kind of ridiculous.. but when you watch it, it’s actually very interesting and rethinks the human experience. The love story that’s tied into the main plot is wonderful and it’s laced with a humor that only adds to the movie’s message. Check this one out!!

9. Concrete Writing

I used to see this on tumblr all the time and just think nothing of it.. but now I’m living for it. I really love how people have taken something so boring and created art and meaning out of it. Recreate conventional things. Evolve society. 


8. THIS DRESS

Observe. Beauty.


7. Alex Turner and Alexa Chung

I seriously loved these two together. Honestly can’t get enough of them. I live vicariously through their old photos and my life dream has become them getting back together. Can you even imagine how amazing that would be?!?! Their relationship and the way he looks at her should be what every girl dreams of… I know it’s what I dream of.

AND.. let's take a moment for his love letter to her..


6. Cat Vans

I came across these the other day.. and I can’t stop loving them. Seriously, if I’m gonna get Vans.. these would be the ones. They’re definitely one of a kind and a certain outfit is needed to pull them off.. but I just might be willing to take the challenge.


5. Braids

gahhhh braids. LOVELOVELOVE. Can’t get enough of this hairstyle. Just wish it was the 90s so I could wear them everyday.


4. Love and Other Perishable Items

I devoured this book in like three days and it was one of the most rewarding books I’ve ever read. It tells a coming of age story about a teen who falls in love with someone older than her and the trials and tribulations that come with all of that drama I’m sure we all know so well. I only have two complaints about this beautiful book: 1. That I got to spend more time with the characters.. because I literally read it so quickly AND 2. That there was some kind of epilogue or sequel, so we find out what happens to the characters later in life. This is an important story. Please read.

Let's also take a moment for this quote:

3. Marc Jacobs' Jacket

What a glorious piece. JUST WOW. I absolutely loveeee this jacket and if the likes of Miley Cyrus and Alexa Chung own it… you definitely should. Marc Jacobs is doing EVERYTHING right. 


2. "Shiver Shiver" // Walk The Moon

For those of you who’ve never heard of Walk the Moon… I am incredibly sorry for you. This band ROCKS. For real, they’re amazing! So I’m sharing this wonderful song with you because it’s definitely a gateway into their fab music. If you like what you hear, I implore you to listen to their whole self-titled album. It’s fantastic.. and if you don’t like it you can seem cool for listening to such rad music.

Have a listen:




1. THE Embroidered skirt

This skirt has graced thousands.. maybe hundreds of thousands of tumblr blogs and it’s no wonder why it’s so popular. It’s absolutely GORGEOUS. This beautiful skirt is high waisted (which is obvi my fave part) and the embroidery is so vibrant. This is the perfect statement piece paired with a plain T or crop top for a sweet summer outfit.


Hope you enjoyed this weeks awesome picks! 

Thought I'd share this awesome wheel of emotions.. it's important to be able express your emotions and convey exactly what you're feeling and this is definitely an amazing tool to help!


Much love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment